Landlord Gas Certificates
It is a legal requirement for a landlord to have all the gas appliances in a rented property to be safety tested every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
We can arrange to pick up keys from a local estate agent or we can arrange access through your tenant to carry out the certificate.
After all the necessary safety checks have been carried out you will be issued with a certificate. Failure to produce a valid Gas Safety certificates (CP12) can result in prosecution and can invalidate your property insurance, which means you can be liable for potential civil claims. The landlord is responsible for this aspect of their tenant’s safety and if non compliance were to lead to a death from carbon monoxide poisoning, the landlord could be charged with manslaughter.
Safety Inspections include
- Full system soundness test to confirm no gas leaks in the property
- Appliance check for Gas soundness
- Burner pressure/gas rate checked against manufacturer’s data plate/manual
- Ventilation check
- Flue flow test to ensure the removal of products of combustion
- Ensuring satisfactory operation of all flame failure devices
- Checks for any installation defects that do not comply with current regulations.
- Investigation into any evidence of unsafe operation and report to the responsible person.