LPG (Liquid Petroleum Gas) is the closest alternative to mains gas and is used for central heating, hot water and cooking. It can be stored in cylinders in a tank (above and below ground) and it’s delivered to a property using a pipeline.
- Ideal if your property is not supplied by the gas grid
- LPG is convenient, versatile and can fuel central heating, water heating, fires and cookers with a real and controllable flame for gas hobs, ovens and fires
- Storage options for LPG are very flexible and include underground tank storage so only the tank’s lid is visible
- LPG tanks are secure, fuel cannot be siphoned out
- Freedom to change supplier at any time
- LPG is cleaner than oil and you could be eligible for government grants if you switch from oil to LPG.